Tuesday, December 16, 2008

October 22, 2008

Halloween is coming up. I’m not sure if I’ll go to the party that Brad is having at his house. It’s a costume party, and I have nothing to wear. And I have no idea what I want to be anyway . . . so that doesn’t help much.

It falls perfectly on a Friday, so the junior high is having a dress-up day. Dress up for a dollar. Ellie is all for the idea, while Cam is still undecided.

From what I’ve heard from Ellie, Cam says it’s dumb that she has to pay to dress up. I heard her complaining to mom that she didn’t have enough for a costume either. But mom wouldn’t give her the money.

Jeremy says it’s all just stupid junior high stuff.

“I remember that. So dumb.” He laughed at the idea of dressing up. “Like we’re little kids again!”

“That isn’t always a bad thing,” I told him.

But Ellie jumped at the idea. She’s even going so far as to making her own costume, since she learned how to sew in her Home Ec. class. She plans on creating a bird costume.

“With feathers and everything!” Her eyes radiated excitement at the thought.

I drove her to the Wal-Mart about half an hour away so she could buy her feathers and material.
When they didn’t have the shade of green she’d wanted, we had to look for another color.

“How about yellow,” I suggested.

“And look like Big Bird?” She rolled her eyes at me and poked my shoulder. “You know I can’t do that.”

We gave up on the yellow. So we had to settle for blue and purple, and a darker green feathers and material. She said that she’d be able to work it into the costume so that it would look like she was a multi-colored tropical bird.

“Whatever works,” I said.

No comments: